FRESH MARKET ORGANIC RED POTATOES were grown on a farm field in Moses Lake, WA., where AZOMITE granular treatments were broadcast pre-plant at two rates of 150 and 300 lbs/acre on April 1, 2017, in four replicates in a randomized complete block design, in 6,000 square-foot plots. All plots had 25 ton/ac of feedlot manure incorporated in the fall as the standard fertilizer for this crop, which provided 90 lb/ac N, 20 lb/ac P, and 105 lb/ac K. The control plots received no AZOMITE.
BENEFITS OF AZOMITE
Accredited research and customer testimony report that AZOMITE can:
- Increase crop yield, grade out and quality
- Improve color and quality in turf and ornamentals
- Increase nutrient availability in the soil and uptake in plants
- Improve a plant’s natural ability to handle stress, while increasing capacity to withstand drought and temperature fluctuations.
- Be used alone or blended with other fertilizers any time of year, with any application method.